How to get the perfect look
On all surfaces cleaning is the most important step. Scrub all areas with Selleys® Sugar Soap and remove any dirt oil or grease.
Mix the additive under the lid into the paint. Stir for 2-5 minutes with a broad flat paddle, until the additive is completely mixed into the paint.
Apply at least two coats of Dulux Renovation Range Floors. Leave for a minimum of 8 hours before re-coating. *Note: Do not apply RR Clear Coat as final coat.
Dulux Renovation Range Floors requires a clean surface to adhere to. All
grease and dirt contamination must be removed or the paint will not adhere and will
peel or flake off.
On all surfaces cleaning is the most important step.
IMPORTANT: Do not use abrasive cleaning detergents.
- Scrub down all areas with Selleys® Sugar Soap and rinse with clean water to
remove any dirt, oil or grease, including from grout lines. Use a plastic scouring
pad on heavily contaminated surfaces.
- Repeat this process using clean water, at least twice.
- Completely remove any loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a
suitable hard epoxy based filler such as Selleys® Knead-IT® Aqua.
- Sand glossy and semi gloss finishes to a dull flat finish using p400 paper
- Use a clean damp cloth to remove any dust.
- Thoroughly clean surface using Selleys® Rapid Mould Killer™ and remove all
silicone sealant from joints using Selleys® Silicone Remover.
- Allow grout lines to dry for a minimum of 2 hours before painting.
- Mask using a good quality painters tape.
Expert Tip - For the best quality finish, do not skip the cleaning step. Floor polishes containing wax or silicone additives MUST be completely removed prior to using Dulux Renovation Range.
After the additive has been added and stirred, apply Dulux Renovation Range Primer. For full instruction see label.
After the additive has been added and stirred, apply at least two coats of Dulux Renovation Range Floors ensuring that the previous coat is left for a minimum of 8 hours before recoating.
- Cut in as necessary using a 38–50mm high quality angled sash cutter brush.
- Coat surface using a 4mm nap 100mm wide microfibre roller
- Lay off. Once each section is coated, gently go over the surface in the same direction with an unloaded roller using minimal pressure. This will give a smooth consistent finish.
Note: Some colours may require more than 2 coats, especially when painting over dark colours. When applying to tiles the grout lines will be covered as well. To refresh or re-whiten grout lines use the Dulux Renovation Range Grout Pen.
Note: Check the weather forecast. Avoid painting if the surface temperature is below 10°C or above 30°C and ensure the product is not applied in direct sunlight.