How to get the perfect look
What do you want the final result to look lie? Inspiration can come from anywhere. Try looking online and putting together a moodboard.
Use colour schemes from your research, or chat to us for help. Then trial your scheme using Dulux sample pots and A4 swatches.
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. To ensure best accuracy, test your colour choice at home by ordering Dulux Sample Pots and A4 Colour Swatches.
Time to paint
- Start by cutting in around the edges and hard to reach areas using Dulux
- Apply paint to the surface using short, horizontal brush strokes.
- Smooth over the wet painted section with long brush strokes. Do not reload the brush when you do this, a few strokes should be enough to smooth the surface.
- Repeat this process for the second coat. Allow to dry, then give the surface a light sand with 400 grit sandpaper and repeat for a second coat.
- If painting bare timber a third coat will need to be applied.