- Low odour
- Easy to apply
- Fast drying
- Allows for several coats to be applied in one day
Product code: 52194803
- Step 1
- NEW OR BARE TIMBER.
Sand dressed timbers to a uniform, smooth surface. Ensure the timber is dry and free from all dirt, dust, wax and oils. Clean oily timbers, such as Brushbox, Spotted Gum, Cypress or Tallowwood with methylated spirits and allow to dry.
Note: Do not use steel wool on timber to be coated with UltraClear Interior as severe staining will occur.
- PREVIOUSLY FINISHED TIMBER.
Clean surface with warm water and household detergent. When dry, sand to a uniform, dull surface. Vacuum and wipe off dust. Check for adhesion by applying UltraClear Interior to a small test area. Allow to dry for twelve hours then firmly press a strip of sticky tape over the section coated and rip off quickly. If the coating is removed sand back to bare timber and remove sanding dust. If the coating is not removed, sand the test area back to a uniform dull surface, remove sanding dust and proceed.
Note: If the existing finish is wearing back to bare timber, it must be thoroughly removed before continuing. To remove coating sand, or use a combination of Intergrain Liquid 8™ Timber Stripper and sanding.
- NEW OR BARE TIMBER.
- In humid, tropical or mould susceptible areas timber should be treated with Intergrain TSS™ Mould Preventer prior to coating. TSS Mould Preventer should be left for a minimum of four hours before applying UltraClear Interior.
- Nail holes and surface defects should be filled with Intergrain Woodblend™ Wood Filler after the first coat of UltraClear Interior. Do not use Linseed Oil putty.
- 12 m2/L
- Jarrah, Spotted Gum, Mahogany, Teak, Vic Ash
- Timber Furniture, Interior timber
- Interior or Exterior
- Application Method
- Brush, Spray
- How to Apply
- Stir thoroughly before and during use with a flat blade stirrer. Do not shake or thin. If project requires more than one can of tinted UltraClear Interior, mix all cans together in one large container to ensure colour uniformity.
- Apply a minimum of two generous coats of UltraClear Interior with a quality brush or spray.
- Maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks and an uneven finish.
- To aid application, soak the brush in water and remove surplus before loading with UltraClear Interior.
- Allow a minimum of three hours drying between coats. Sand lightly with fine grit sandpaper to remove any raised grain.
- If using tinted UltraClear Interior, the colour will become deeper with each application. If desired colour is achieved after one coat, apply untinted UltraClear Interior to complete the required number of coats.
- Do not apply in temperatures above 35°C or below 10°C.
- Full Cure
- 7 days
- Re-Coat Time
- 3 hours
- Care and Maintenance
- Clean using water and a non-abrasive household detergent. To ensure minimum preparation when recoating, surfaces should be recoated before UltraClear Interior has worn away to expose bare timber. Clean to remove any waxes or polishes. When dry, sand to a uniform surface and wipe away dust. Apply one to two coats following application instructions. Where UltraClear Interior has worn away to expose bare timber it must be thoroughly removed and the surface prepared as per instructions for new timber. A combination of Liquid 8 Timber Stripper* and sanding is recommended.
- Clean Up