How to get the perfect look
On all surfaces cleaning is the most important step. Scrub all areas with Selleys® Sugar Soap and remove any dirt oil or grease. Prepare surface with Dulux Renovation Range Primer.
Mix the additive under the lid into the paint. Stir for 2-5 minutes with a broad flat paddle, until the additive is completely mixed into the paint.
Apply at least two coats of Dulux Renovation Range Cabinet Doors. Apply Renovation Range Clear Coat as a final coating.
Dulux Renovation Range Cabinet Doors requires a clean surface to adhere to. All
grease and dirt contamination must be removed or the paint will not adhere and will
peel or flake off.
On all surfaces cleaning is the most important step.
IMPORTANT: Do not use abrasive cleaning detergents.
- Scrub down all areas with Selleys® Sugar Soap and rinse with clean water to
remove any dirt, oil or grease, including from grout lines. Use a plastic scouring
pad on heavily contaminated surfaces.
- Repeat this process using clean water, at least twice.
- Completely remove any loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a
suitable hard epoxy based filler such as Selleys® Knead-IT® Aqua.
- Sand glossy and semi gloss finishes to a dull flat finish using p400 paper
- Use a clean damp cloth to remove any dust.
- Mask using a good quality painters tape.
- Remove doors for easy coating of edges and door surrounds
- If there are any breaks or scratches apply Dulux Precision Stain, Smoke & Odour Blocker Spray pack before topcoat
Expert Tip - When painting over dark colours or timber with white or light colours, you may need more than 2 coats. Make sure you calculate your paint needs before starting
Use Precision Smoke Stain and Odour Blocker Spray. It stops stains migrating, preventing discolouration of top coats.
Spray with smooth, even strokes, parallel to the surface to ensure a good finish.
For all surfaces Use Dulux Renovation Range Primer
Use Renovation Range Primer. Add all of the Additive found underneath the blue lid to the paint.
Stir well for approximately 2-5 minutes with a broad flat paddle, using an up and down scooping action until the additive is completely mixed into the paint.
Once mixed the product is suitable to use for up to 3 days.
FOR VINYL AND PLASTIC SURFACES - Apply Dulux Renovation Range Primer before applying top coat.
After the additive has been added and stirred, apply Dulux Renovation Range Primer. For full instruction see label.
Apply at least two coats of Dulux Renovation Range Cabinet Doors ensuring that the previous coat is left for a minimum of 8 hours before recoating.
- Cut in as necessary using a 38–50mm high quality angled sash cutter brush.
- Coat surface using a 4mm nap 100mm wide microfibre roller
- Lay off. Once each section is coated, gently go over the surface in the same direction with an unloaded roller using minimal pressure. This will give a smooth consistent finish.
On Benchtop and Splashback areas apply Dulux Renovation Range Clear Coat as the final coating. This will add a layer of protection to the Dulux Renovation Range topcoat.