Fluoroset are a range of subtle and neutral solid colours, delivered with warranty grade advanced ultra durable fluoropolymer thermosetting powder.
Fluoroset is available in the following ranges:
- Fluoroset Allure - Subtle and neutral pearlescent colours
- Fluoroset Xtreme - Subtle and neutral solid colours
It is ideal for use:
- On pre-treated architectural grade aluminium
- On mild steel, bright/semi bright steel, black steel and blue steel with an approved powder coating primer system
- In mild, tropical and severe exterior conditions
- In general and moderate interior conditions
- May be suitable in locations less than 10 meters from the high tide line
- Ultra Durable Fluoropolymer Powder Coating
- Alumi Shield™ warranty: 35 Year Aluminium Durability warranty and 30 Year Aluminium Colour warranty
- Steel Shield™ warranty: Up to 10 Year Steel Corrosion warranty and 30 Year Steel Colour warranty
- Range of subtle and neutral colours
- Guaranteed performance on appropriately pre-treated aluminium – see warranty* details
- Superior colour retention
- Ultra durable hardwearing finish
- * Only Dulux Accredited Powder Coaters are able to issue our Dulux Alumi Shield™ and Steel Shield™ warranties after demonstrating their capability to meet stringent quality conditions and international standards.
Product code: 964
Developed primarily for use on extruded aluminium, including window and door joinery, and extruded aluminium panel work including major commercial projects.
Surfaces should be prepared according to appropriate standards such as AAMA 2605, AS/NZS4506 or AS3715 (available from Standards Australia or Standards New Zealand offices).
- Galvanised Steel, Stainless Steel, Steel (mild), Zincalume, Non ferrous metals, Aluminium
- Powder Coating
- Fluoroset Powdercoat Range
- Interior or Exterior
- Interior, Exterior
- Application Method
- Electrostatic Spray
- Green Star
- Dulux ® Powder Coatings are a prime consideration for projects where air quality standards have been set, such as 4, 5 & 6 Green Star Rating Projects.
- VOC Level
- Virtually zero (please consult Dulux for details)
- Superior resistance to weathering.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent salt spray resistance over pre-treated aluminium (4000 hours ASTM B117)
- Metal Temperature
210° : 15 mins minimum 200° : 20 mins minimum 190° : 25 mins minimum
How to Specify Aluminium
Example – (Dulux Fluoroset® Xtreme™ White Satin 964-1157M) to meet AAMA 2605. Product must be applied by a Dulux Registered Aluminium Applicator and must offer a 35 year durability warranty.
How to Specify Steel
Example – Powder Coating of (Components to be coated) (Atmospheric Classification) (Substrate) with (Dulux Fluoroset® Xtreme™ White Satin 964-1157M) to meet AS4506. Compliance to this standard must be demonstrated through provision of a certificate from the coating applicator outlining the relevant, “atmospheric classification, substrate and method of chemical or mechanical surface preparation.
- Care and Maintenance
Refer to AAMA 609 and 610
As a general rule, cleaning of externally located powder coating surfaces must take place every six months. Where salts/pollutants are more prevalent such as seaside, industrial and geothermal areas, a cleaning program should be carried out more frequently.
THREE STEPS TO CLEANING POWDER COATED SURFACES
- Remove loose deposits with a wet sponge (avoid scratching the surface by dry dusting).
- Using a soft clean cloth and a mild detergent in warm water, clean the powder coating to remove dust, salt or other deposits.
- Always rinse after cleaning with fresh water to remove any remaining detergent.
In some cases, strong solvents recommended for thinning various types of paints and also for cleaning up mastics/sealants are harmful to the extended life of the powder coated surface. These solvents should not be used for cleaning purposes and will render the warranty void if used. If paint splashes or sealants/mastics need to be removed then the following solvents can be used safely: Methylated Spirits, Ethyl Alcohol, Isopropanol.
- Warranty Information
Warranty* performance on aluminium:
- 35 year durability warranty
- 30 year chalk and colour fade warranty
On pre-treated architectural aluminium when applied by a Dulux Registered Applicators