- Zinc rich
- Compatible with a range of intermediates and topcoats
- Suitable for use in high temperature environments.
Product code: 730
Heavy duty zinc-rich primer for the protection of steel against corrosion in corrosive environments. Generally used as part of a protective coating system in: bridges and infrastructure, bulk handling equipment, chemical plants, commercial developments, coastal structures, exposed pipelines, high rise apartments, mining, offshore structures, oil refineries, power generation plants.
Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, and remove weld spatter. Degrease by detergent wash according to AS1627.1. For all structural and decorative steel, abrasive blast clean to AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Remove all dust. Apply first coat before surface deterioration occurs.
- Balustrade, Handrail, Curtain wall, Column, Steelwork
- Interior or Exterior
- Interior, Exterior
- New or Repaint
- Application Method
- Airless spray, Conventional Spray
- Some chalking and yellowing may occur on exterior exposure if not topcoated with a suitable UV resistant coating, but this will not detract from the high performance protective properties of this coating.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 200°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Excellent resistance to and salt water when suitably topcoated
- Abrasion Resistance
- Very good abrasion resistance when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Good resistance to splash and spillage of aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbon solvents and alcohols
- Acid Resistance
- Not recommended for acid conditions
- Alkaline Resistance
- Should not be used in strongly alkaline environments unless suitably topcoated.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent resistance to neutral and alkaline salts when suitably topcoated
Mild steel: Abrasive blast AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Typical system: 1 x Zincanode 402 @ 75 microns + 1 x Duremax GPE @ 200 microns + 1 x Weathermax HBR @ 100 microns.