Products you will need
- Dulux Design Glitter Effect in your chosen colour
- High density foam roller (9mm nap)
- High quality synthetic brush
- Paint stirrer & drop sheet
- Painter’s tape
Surface must be clear, dry and free from dust, oils and grease. The base coat colour should already be dried. Dulux Design Chalk Effect or Dulux Wash&Wear in matt or low sheen can be used as the base coat – the darker the base coat, the more prominent the glitter.
Stir paint thoroughly to ensure even distribution of effect particles. Before you begin, test your chosen application.
- Mask off adjacent walls, skirting boards and cornices.
- Stir glitter paint before use.
- Brush the product in a random criss-cross fashion for even distribution of glitter particles. For large areas, use only a high density foam roller (9mm nap).
- Load the high density foam roller with glitter paint, then remove excess from the roller by rolling out onto a sheet of paper before applying to chosen area. Apply using a random motion for an even distribution of glitter.
- Ensure multiple overlaps for both brush and roller application.
- Wait until first coat is dry before applying a second coat. Allow for four hours to dry between coats.
• Practice the technique before applying to areas