- Self priming on most surfaces
- UV protection
- Water based
- Dulux MaxiFlex Technology
- Guaranteed for as long as you live in your home*
- Available sizes- 1L, 2L, 4L, 10L, 15L
- Available in Vivid White, Deep, Ultra Deep, Extra Bright bases
- Helps resist mould, dirt and stains
- Long lasting colour
- 2 hour recoat
- Easy, water clean up
- Flexible coating to expand and contact with the surface
Product code: 54M
Exterior surfaces such as timber, bricks, concrete, fibre cement board, masonry, ZINCALUME steel, COLORBOND, COLORSTEEL, galvanised iron and suitably prepared steel and wrought iron.
- 16 sq metres
- Dulux Weathershield
- Wall, Deck, Door, Eave, Fence, Fretwork, Gable, Gutter, Window, Balustrade, Shade Grill, Handrail, Fascia, Column, Awning, Cladding, Steelwork, Veranda, Pergola
- Dulux Weathershield
- Interior or Exterior
- Application Method
- Brush, roller, spray
- Clean Up Type
- How to Prepare
- Painted and pre-primed surfaces: Test if surface is sound. Scrape off all loose and flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable filler. Sand all surfaces to a flat finish and remove greyed timber. Dust off. For pre-primed surfaces, call Dulux Help & Advice on 13 25 25. Timber: Fill nail holes with a flexible, exterior grade wood filler. Sand all dressed timber. Galvanised iron and Zicalume®: Clean with Scotch-Brite® and sugar soap solution. Thoroughly hose off. For buildings within 1km of the sea, apply 1 coat of Dulux All Metal Primer. For galvanised iron or Zincalume® roofs, use Dulux Roof & Trim™. Steel/Wrought Iron: Remove all rust by scraping, sanding or wire brushing. Apply 2 coats of Dulux PRECISION All Metal Primer. Brick, Masonry, Fibro & Fibre Cement Board: Unpainted masonry surfaces should be cured for a minimum of 28 days before painting. Ensure surface is sound and clear of any loose sand or cement. Fill holes with grouting cement. Wash down with water using a stiff brush to remove all loose material. To remove any efflorescence (white salts) wipe down with a 5% solution of acetic acid (white vinegar). Hose down & allow to dry. Dulux recommends out Dulux AcraTex® range of high build, full acrylic systems for optimum crack bridging performance over new bare cement render.
- How to Apply
- Stir well with a broad flat paddle using an up and down scooping action. Apply 2 generous coats of Dulux Weathershield. Apply 3 coats on all unpainted surfaces. Work quickly from an unpainted area into a wet area to minimise brush marks. When applying on very porous surfaces, thin the first coat with up to 100mL of water per litre. When painting windows, use sparingly on contact areas. Open windows within 30 minutes and again 2 or 3 times in the first 24 hours.
- Storage and Disposal
- Unused paint: Do not pour leftover paint down the drain. Unwanted paint should be brushed out on newspaper and allowed to dry, and then disposed of via domestic waste collections. Empty paint containers: Should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle the container via steel can recycling programs. Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first. For more information on responsible disposal of paint and packaging visit paintback.com.au
- Clean Up
- Safety Directions
- Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin and eyes or breathing vapour and spray mist (dust). Wear waterproof gloves and safety glasses. Use only in well ventilated areas. Wash hands after use.
- First Aid
- If poisoning occurs, contact a Doctor or Poisons Information Centre (Phone Australia 131 126; New Zealand 0800 764 766). If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. SWALLOWED: If swallowed, rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Eye: If in eyes, hold eyes open, flush with running water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor. Skin: If skin or hair contact occurs, immediately remove any contaminated clothing and wash skin and hair thoroughly with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs seek medical assistance. Inhaled: Remove from contaminated area – avoid becoming a casualty. Allow patient to assume most comfortable position and keep warm. Apply artificial respiration if not breathing. Seek medical advice. For Fire: If involved in a fire use alcohol resistant foam. If unavailable, use standard foam or dry agents. Avoid breathing products of combustion. For Spills: Clear area of all unprotected personnel. Slippery when spilt. Wear protective equipment. Absorb with sand or soil. Collect and seal in properly labelled drums. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local, regional, national and international regulations.
- Warranty Information
- Guaranteed for as long as you live in your home. Register your project details at www.dulux.com.au/weathershieldpromise We guarantee, as long as Weathershield is applied in accordance with instructions for use, it will not PEEL, FLAKE or BLISTER for as long as you live in your home. The guarantee applies to residential work only. For commercial work refer to duspec.com.au in AU or duspec.co.nz in NZ. If the product does not perform as specified, we will provide replacement product free of charge. This guarantee does not cover paint failure caused by any breakdown of existing coatings where Weathershield is applied over them, or in the event of substrate failure. To make a claim under the warranty, please contact Dulux on AUST 13 25 25, NZ 0800 800 424. You must be living in the house you have painted with Weathershield and show proof of purchase. You must bear all expenses incurred in making a claim. This warranty is in addition to and does not detract from any rights and remedies you may have under any applicable consumer law. Australia: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.