- Step 1 of Dulux Design Rust Effect
- Available in 500ml, 1L
- Not to be tinted
- Water wash up
Product code: 690D0015
Dulux Design Rust is an easy and effective way to give your interior/exterior feature wall a unique point of difference. It can also be used to transform doors and outdoor accessories into a modern design statement. To achieve an authentic rust effect, first apply 2 coats of Dulux Design Rust Base Paint and then apply 2 coats of Dulux Rust Solution. To prevent rub-off and run-off we recommend sealing the surface with a clear coat varnish such as Berger Jet Dry Stone & Paving Sealer in Natural mixed with water at a 1:1 ratio. Note: a clear coat will change the appearance of the rust effect.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES
Dulux Rust Effect may be applied over an existing paint finish providing the surface is free of dirt, grease and dust. Scrape and sand down any loose, peeling or flaking paint. Surfaces previously painted with gloss or semi gloss paints should be sanded back to a dull finish.
Good Condition: Dust, then clean with Selleys Sugar Soap. Cracks or holes repaired with filler: Spot prime repairs with Dulux 1 Step Acrylic Primer Sealer Undercoat. Glossy Surfaces: Lightly sand to a dull finish.
Plasterboard, Brick, Cement: Apply 1 coat of Dulux 1 Step Acrylic Primer Sealer Undercoat. Bare Timber: Apply 1 coat of Dulux 1 Step Acrylic Primer Sealer Undercoat. Set Plaster, Fibrous Plaster, Plasterglass: Apply 1 coat of Dulux Sealer Binder. Metal Surfaces: Thoroughly degrease and apply Dulux All Metal Primer.
- 8 square metres per L
- Paper faced plasterboard, Cement, Brick
- Design Effects Collection
- Room Space
- Hallway, Living room, Dining room, Bedroom
- Interior or Exterior
- Exterior, Interior
- Application Method
- Brush (do not roll/spray).
- Recommended for interior or exterior use.
- Water Resistance
- Avoid exposure to steam, rain and condensation for 48 hours. To prevent rust run-off we recommend sealing with a clear coat varnish such as Berger Jet Dry Stone & Paving Sealer. Note a clear coat will change the appearance of the rust effect.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Rust residue may be rubbed off when touched if no sealer is applied. To prevent rub-off we recommend sealing the surface with a clear coat varnish such as Berger Jet Dry Stone & Paving Sealer. Note a clear coat will change the appearance of the rust effect.
Interior and exterior use. Perfect for indoor or outdoor feature walls.
- Clean Up
- Clean all equipment with water