Your shopping list
- Dulux Wash&Wear +PLUS Kitchen&Bathroom in your chosen colour
- Dulux Ceiling White +PLUS Kitchen&Bathroom
- High quality synthetic brush for cutting in
- For walls use a 9mm or 12mm nap synthetic roller
- For the ceiling use a 10-15mm nap synthetic roller
- Paint pot – for cutting in
- Roller tray
- Roller extension pole
- Drop sheets
- Painter’s masking tape
Time to paint
Walls with Dulux Wash&Wear +PLUS Kitchen&Bathroom
- First step is to follow the preparation steps in the prep guide or from the back of the can. Dulux® 1Step® Prep can be used for a prep coat.
- Using Dulux Wash&Wear +PLUS Kitchen&Bathroom, start by cutting in around the edges of the wall with a high quality synthetic brush. These are areas the roller cannot easily reach.
- Using a 9mm or 12mm nap synthetic roller, load roller in the tray with a reasonable amount of paint.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Start closest to the natural light source. Continue over the same section until the wall is evenly covered.
- Using an unloaded roller begin in the top left corner of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the baseboards in a straight line with no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming. Repeat this action, only this time slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the area you have painted. This is called laying off.
- Reload your roller and repeat until the wall is complete.
- Allow the first coat to dry and repeat the total process again with a second coat.
A washable paint that has been developed to resist the growth of bacteria and mould on walls, which may trigger asthma and allergy symptoms. 10 Year Guarantee against mould growth*.
How to select a two tone colour scheme for your kitchen area
Selecting one colour can be difficult. Lana and Bonnie want to connect the kitchen with the alfresco dining area using colours. Watch Lana and Bonnie choose a two tone colour scheme for the kitchen which will flow seamlessly into the outdoor area.
Ceiling & Cornice with Dulux Ceiling White +PLUS Kitchen&Bathroom
- Follow the preparation steps on the back of the can.
- Begin by cleaning your ceiling. Remove cobwebs with a clean broom and wash the stained areas with Selleys® Sugar Soap.
- Tape around cornices, edges and any down lights.
- Using Dulux Ceiling White +PLUS Kitchen&Bathroom and a 10-15mm nap synthetic roller, paint just like a vertical wall, begin by cutting-in where the roller won’t reach. Using a paint brush, paint around down lights and edges to create a border.
- Once you’ve loaded your roller evenly, begin in one corner and move fluidly in a parallel motion. For best results, work in 1 metre sections painting across and then down. Roll as far into the previously brushed sections as possible.
- While the paint is still damp, begin laying off the paint. This is a crucial step in achieving a smooth and consistent finish. To lay off: Using an unloaded roller, begin in the top left corner of your ceiling and gently pull towards you in a straight line with no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming. Repeat this action and slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke.
- If your ceiling requires two coats, wait two hours for it to dry and then repeat steps 4-6.