Now you can take a trip to Tuscany without leaving your backyard.
- To replicate that authentic Tuscan look you will need a wide brush, a medium nap roller, quality masking tape and a drop sheet.
- Clean your surface thoroughly with Selleys® Original Sugar Soap or follow the instructions on the label.
- Mask off your trim with tape, and then cut-in to any doors, lights or corners using a suitably sized brush.
TIP: Don’t paint too far ahead or your paint will dry before your roller has a chance to blend with it.
- Now you can apply your first coat with a roller. For best results, make sure your roller is evenly loaded with paint.
- After 4 hours you should be ready to apply your second coat. If you’re after a smooth effect just apply your second coat in the same way as your first.
- If however you’re going for a ‘washed’ look it’s easier to get a friend involved to achieve this finish. While one person applies the texture with a roller; the other person brushes over this coat in random crisscross movements.
TIP: Work in 1 metre sections and overlap your crisscross strokes to maintain an even texture.
- With just a little water to wash up, you’ve created a Tuscan experience and brought Italy to you.
More how to guides
Enjoy the subtleties of a fine textured coverage in your outdoor space for painting over bricks, cement and masonry.