Your Shopping List
- Dulux® Wash&Wear® Low Sheen in your chosen colour
- Dulux Design Effects in your chosen colours
- Dulux Duramax® in your chosen sheen and colours
- Undercoat/stain blocker (if required)
- High quality synthetic brush for cutting in
- Medium nap (10-18mm) synthetic roller for walls
- Short nap (5-10mm) synthetic roller for toy box
- Paint pot – for cutting in
- Roller tray
- Roller extension pole
- Drop sheets
- Painter’s masking tape
- Follow the preparation steps.
- Start by cutting in around the edges of the wall with a brush – these are areas the roller cannot easily reach.
- Load the roller in the tray with a reasonable amount of paint.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Start closest to the natural light source. Continue over the same section until the wall is evenly covered.
- Using an unloaded roller begin in the top left corner of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the baseboards in a straight line with no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming. Repeat this action only this time, slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the area you have painted. This is called laying off.
- Reload your roller and repeat until the wall is complete.
- Allow the first coat to dry and repeat the total process again with a second coat.
- Allow paint to dry before painting the mountains.
Coloured Chalkboard Mountain Feature
- To create a mountain feature with Dulux Design Effects Coloured Chalkboard, start by taping a mountain shape on your wall.
- Use a good quality brush to cut in the paint around the edges, then finish with a short nap roller. Apply paint colour as desired.
- When first coat is dry (about 2 hours), apply a second coat. Allow to dry.
- Allow the final coat to dry and cure for at least 7 days before conditioning the chalkboard. To condition the board, rub the entire surface of the chalkboard vertically with the side of a piece of chalk, ensuring the chalkboard is completely covered. Then rub the entire surface horizontally with the side of a piece of chalk, again covering the chalkboard completely. Wipe with a soft cloth or chalkboard duster and blow off any excess chalk dust.
- The chalkboard is now ready to use. Now let your kids’ imaginations run wild!
- Follow the preparation steps.
- Start by cutting in around the edges of the furniture piece with a brush – these are areas the roller cannot easily reach.
- Apply the first coat with the roller.
- Allow drying time as specified on the label.
- For an even one dimensional finish apply a second coat with the roller and lay off lightly
- For a flat finish your project is complete. For a more textured finish, work while the paint is still wet. Use a wide brush, dry roller or muslin and drag the paint in a random, overlapping pattern. For a brushed finish, lay off lightly with a brush.
- Now, stand back and enjoy your new creation.
- Follow the preparation instructions for spraying.
- If using Dulux Duramax Ito Gloss, Gogo Blue Gloss, Hog Bristle Gloss, White Gloss – apply in multiple light, mist coats.
- Follow the after spraying instructions.