Electro is a super durable polyester thermosetting powder coating available in a range of colours that provide an ultra low sheen anodised look.
All are suitable for interior and exterior product applications where colour and gloss retention are critical. Supported by a 20 year durability warranty* on aluminium they meet the performance requirements of AAMA2604. Also warrantable up to 10 years as part of the Steel Shield Warranty.
*Subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant product warranty. Please contact your local Dulux representative for further details.
- Super Durable Polyester thermosetting Powder Coating
- Warranty* performance on alumnium: 20 year durability warranty and 15 year chalk and colour fade warranty on pre-treated architectural aluminium when applied by a Dulux Registered Applicators
- Warranty* performance on steel: Up to 10 years durability warranty and 15 year chalk and colour fade warranty as part of the steel shield warranty system when applied by a Dulux Registered Applicators
- Alternative colour range to anodising
- Formulated to meet: AS 3715, AS 4506, AAMA 2603 and AAMA 2604
- Guaranteed performance on appropriately pre-treated aluminium and steel - see warranty* details
- Excellent colour retention
- Hard wearing/serviceable finish
- Ideal for interior projects and exterior residential and commercial projects further than 10 metres from the high tide line
Product code: 906
Developed primarily for use on extruded aluminium, including window and door joinery, and extruded aluminium panel work on class 1 & 10 residential buildings and on class 2-9 commercial buildings under the Australian Building Code and class . Electro is also suitable for use over a variety of substrates, including mild steel and aluminium.
Surfaces should be prepared according to appropriate standards such as AAMA 2603, AAMA 2604, AS/NZS4506 or AS3715 (available from Standards Australia or Standards New Zealand offices).
- Galvanised Steel, Stainless Steel, Steel (mild), Zincalume, Non ferrous metals, Aluminium
- Powder Coating
- Electro Powdercoat Range
- Interior or Exterior
- Interior, Exterior
- Application Method
- Electrostatic Spray
- Green Star
- Dulux ® Powder Coatings are a prime consideration for projects where air quality standards have been set, such as 4, 5 & 6 Green Star Rating Projects.
- VOC Level
- Virtually zero (please consult Dulux for details)
- Excellent resistance to weathering.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent salt spray resistance over pre-treated aluminium (3000 hours ASTM B117)
- Metal Temperature
200° : 10 mins minimum
How to Specify Aluminium
Example – (Dulux Electro® Black Ace 9069116F) to meet AAMA 2604. Product must be applied by a Dulux Registered Aluminium Applicator and must offer a 20 year durability warranty.
How to Specify Steel
Example – Powder Coating of (Components to be coated) (Atmospheric Classification) (Substrate) with (Dulux Electro® Black Ace 9069116F) to meet AS4506. Compliance to this standard must be demonstrated through provision of a certificate from the coating applicator outlining the relevant, “atmospheric classification, substrate and method of chemical or mechanical surface preparation”.
- Care and Maintenance
Refer to AAMA 609 and 610
As a general rule, cleaning of externally located powder coating surfaces must take place every six months. Where salts/pollutants are more prevalent such as seaside, industrial and geothermal areas, a cleaning program should be carried out more frequently.
THREE STEPS TO CLEANING POWDER COATED SURFACES
- Remove loose deposits with a wet sponge (avoid scratching the surface by dry dusting).
- Using a soft clean cloth and a mild detergent in warm water, clean the powder coating to remove dust, salt or other deposits.
- Always rinse after cleaning with fresh water to remove any remaining detergent.
In some cases, strong solvents recommended for thinning various types of paints and also for cleaning up mastics/sealants are harmful to the extended life of the powder coated surface. These solvents should not be used for cleaning purposes and will render the warranty void if used. If paint splashes or sealants/mastics need to be removed then the following solvents can be used safely: Methylated Spirits, Ethyl Alcohol, Isopropanol.
- Warranty Information
Warranty* performance on alumnium:
- 20 year durability warranty
- 15 year chalk and colour fade warranty
On pre-treated architectural aluminium when applied by a Dulux Registered Applicators
Warranty* performance on steel:
- Up to 10 years durability warranty
- 15 year chalk and colour fade warranty
As part of the steel shield warranty system when applied by a Dulux Registered Applicators