- The MIO pigment in the formula provides additional barrier protection
- Self priming finish
- Ideal maintenance coating over most well adhered aged coatings
- Improved long term durability
- Superior corrosion resistance
Product code: 77563006
Barrier coat for protection against chemical attack and water ingress. Used in the maintenance of: bridges and infrastructure, oil refineries, paper mills, rail infrastructure.
Round off all rough welds, sharp edges and remove weld spatter. Remove grease, oil and other contaminants in accordance with AS1627.1. Rust millscale, oxide deposits and old paint films on metal surfaces should be removed by hand or power tool (AS1627.2 St 3) cleaning as a minimum. Coating performance is proportional to the degree of surface preparation and abrasive blast cleaning to a minimum AS1627.4 Class 2 is preferred for more severe environments. Immersed steel must be prepared to AS1627.4 Class 3
- Steel, Galvanised steel, Concrete, Aluminium
- Protective Coatings
- Structural steel, Column
- Interior or Exterior
- New or Repaint
- New, Repaint
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Conventional and Airless Spray
- Epoxy coatings may yellow with time. On exterior exposure some chalking may also occur. This will not detract from the protective properties of the coating. Use a weatherable topcoat if required for appearance.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 120°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Excellent resistance to immersion in fresh and salt water. Aluminium containing colours are not recommended for immersion conditions.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Good abrasion resistance when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Resists splash and spillage of most hydrocarbon solvents, refined petroleum products and most common alcohols.
- Acid Resistance
- Suitable for splash and spillage of mild acids. Aluminium containing colours are not recommended for acidic conditions.
- Alkaline Resistance
- Suitable for splash and spillage of strong alkalis. Aluminium containing colours are not recommended for alkaline conditions.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent resistance to neutral and alkali salts. Aluminium containing colours are not recommended for alkaline conditions.
Steel (Maintenance): Hand or Power tool clean AS1627.2 St 3 Abrasive blast AS1627.4 Class 1 Typical system: 1 x Durebild STE MIO @ 125 microns + 1 x Durebild STE MIO @ 125 microns