- Two pack, easy to use
- Easy to apply by brush, roller, conventional or airless spray
- Good adhesion and performance on power-tool cleaned steel
Product code: 731
Adhesion-promoting primer for a wide range of surfaces. Generally used as part of a protective coating system in: chemical plants, food and beverage plants , joinery, oil refineries.
Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, and remove weld spatter. Degrease by detergent wash according to AS1627.1. For all structural and decorative steel, abrasive blast clean to AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Remove all dust. Apply first coat before surface deterioration occurs.
- Aluminium, Concrete, Polyester composites, MDF, Non ferrous metals, Galvanised steel
- Internal steelwork, Joinery
- Interior or Exterior
- New or Repaint
- New, Repaint
- Application Method
- Roller, Brush, Airless, Conventional Spray
- Some chalking will occur on exterior exposure if not topcoated. This will not detract from the protective properties of the coating.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 105°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Resists condensation and rain. Not suitable for permanently damp conditions or immersion.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Good abrasion resistance when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Withstands intermittent splash and spillage of most hydrocarbon solvents, refined petroleum products and most common alcohols.
- Acid Resistance
- Good resistance to splash and spillage of weak solutions of inorganic acids.
- Alkaline Resistance
- Good resistance to splash and spillage of most common alkalis.
- Salt Resistance
- Good resistance to splash ans spillage of neutral salt solutions.
Aluminium: Clean, degrease and abrade surface. Typical system: 1 x Luxepoxy 4 White Primer @ 50 microns + 2 x Luxathane HPX @ 50 microns.