- Allows for the quick and effective removal of most water and solvent based coatings
Product code: 552W0172
- Application Method
- Broad synthetic bristle brush
- How to Apply
- Apply a thick coat by broad synthetic bristle brush. Take care on vertical or overhanging surfaces as Liquid 8 Timber Stripper may drip.
- Allow 15-20 minutes to penetrate and soften or wrinkle the coating. Stripping times will vary depending on the type of finish, thickness of the coating to be removed, and age of coating.
- Test with a scraper to ensure that the coating is easily removed.
- Remove using a paint scraper or if appropriate a high pressure water cleaner. On timber surfaces, work in the direction of the grain. On curved or rough surfaces or mouldings use a synthetic hard bristle brush or scourer.
- Important: The stripper remains active while in a wet state. Do not allow Liquid 8 Timber Stripper or softened or wrinkled coating to dry on the surface. For best results cover with a plastic drop sheet to stop Liquid 8 Timber Stripper from drying out and work in small areas at a time.
- Note: Some oil based coatings will continue to bubble and strip even after the stripper has been removed.
- Thick or stubborn coatings may require more than one application.
- Clean stripped surfaces thoroughly with water and allow to dry.
- Sand as necessary to remove any residue and any grain raise before refinishing the surface.
- Clean Up