- Superior protection against the weather
- Low odour
Product code: 55294982
- Step 1
- NEW BARE TIMBER.
Sand timber to a uniform, smooth surface. Ensure the timber is dry and free from all dirt, dust, wax and oils. Clean oily timbers, such as Brushbox, Spotted Gum, Cypress or Tallowwood with methylated spirits and allow to dry. Note: Do not use steel wool on timber to be coated with UltraClear Exterior as severe staining will occur.
- PREVIOUSLY PAINTED, STAINED, OILED OR VARNISHED TIMBER.
All paints and coatings that seal the surface must be thoroughly removed back to bare timber. To remove coating sand, or use a combination of IntergrainLiquid 8™ Timber Stripper and sanding.
- WEATHERED, GREY OR MOULDY TIMBER.
Sand timber back to a fresh surface, and remove sanding dust. Note: The rounding of sharp edges with sandpaper is highly recommended to maintain coating film thickness.
- ALL COMPOSITES & BAMBOO SUBSTRATES.
Sand, remove sanding dust, then check for adhesion by applying UltraClear Exterior to a test area, approximately 250mm x 250mm. Allow to dry for twelve hours then firmly press a strip of sticky tape over the coated section and rip off quickly. If the coating is removed do not proceed as the surface is not suitable.
- NEW BARE TIMBER.
- In humid, tropical or mould susceptible areas timber should be coated with Intergrain TSS™ Mould Preventer. TSS Mould Preventer* should be left for a minimum of four hours before applying UltraClear Exterior.
- Nail holes and surface defects should be filled with Intergrain Woodblend™ Wood Filler.
- 10 m2/L
- Cypress Pine, Jarrah, Merbau, Spotted Gum, Treated Pine, All exterior timber
- Window Frames, Exterior timber
- Interior or Exterior
- Application Method
- Brush, Spray, Applicator
- How to Apply
- Stir thoroughly before and during use with a flat blade stirrer.
- Apply three coats of UltraClear Exterior with a quality brush, pad applicator or spray. FOUR or more coats will be required in extreme conditions such as full sun exposure, marine environments and in humid areas, and may be required on porous timbers.
- Apply along the length of the board including exposed edges and end grain.
- If necessary, sand lightly between coats to remove any raised grain.
- Keep freshly coated contacting surfaces such as doors and windows ajar for several days if possible. Some tight closing windows may need sealing strips to prevent sticking.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces or those in direct sunlight, as doing so may result in difficult application.
- Do not apply in temperatures above 35°C, below 10°C or if rain or dew is expected within four hours of application. Lightly dampening timber before painting will ease application in temperatures.
- Full Cure
- 7 days
- Re-Coat Time
- 4 hours
- Care and Maintenance
- Conduct a routine 12 monthly maintenance inspection. Note: For marine environments conduct a 3 monthly maintenance inspection. Best protection of the timber and ease of maintenance is ensured if UltraClear Exterior is recoated before deterioration of the coating and timber underneath occurs. First indication of the need for recoating will be observed as patchiness or thinning of the surface coating on edges and areas where insufficient product has been applied. If small areas of timber have weathered through to cause deterioration of the coating, sand affected areas back to bare timber, remove sanding dust and recoat. For large weathered areas remove UltraClear Exterior by sanding, or use a combination of Liquid 8 Timber Stripper* and sanding. To recoat UltraClear Exterior which is in good condition, lightly sand, remove sanding dust and apply one coat of UltraClear Exterior.
- Clean Up