Your shopping list
- Sugar soap concentrate
- Painter’s masking tape
- Dulux Wash&Wear 1L Deep Low Sheen Paint – Mornington
- Paint brush
- Roller kit
- Drop sheets
Total time needed: 4.5 hours
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. To ensure best accuracy, test your colour choice at home by ordering Dulux Sample Pots and A4 Colour Swatches.
Time to paint
- Start bright and early by washing the walls using the sugar soap concentrate as per the instructions on the label.
- Apply masking tape to areas you’d like to protect from paint, such as the ceiling, window frames or the floor trim. Then use drop sheet to cover the floor and furniture.
- Prep the Dulux Wash&Wear 1L Deep Low Sheen Paint using the instructions on the label. Load the roller with a reasonable amount of paint and start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Start closest to the natural light source and continue until the wall is evenly covered.
- Using an unloaded roller, gently let the roller roll down the wall to the baseboards in a straight line with no pressure. Repeat this action — only this time, slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the area you have painted. Allow to dry for 2 hours — hopefully you can settle the Saturday night movie debate quicker than that.
- Let yourself have a bit of a sleep in, then get up and apply a second coat of paint to the feature wall and allow to dry for 2 hours. Finish by showing off your extraordinary handiwork on Instagram using #DuluxChallenge.