Dulux Suede Effect adds texture and sophistication to any room. Dulux Stone Effect creates the natural look and texture of stone.
Products you will need
- Dulux Suede Effect or Stone Effect paint.
- Quality masking tape.
- A paint stirrer and drop sheet.
- Medium nap roller, roller tray and a 100mm paint brush.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions on the product label before you begin.
- Mask off the area with painters tape – where you don’t want any paint, such as adjacent walls.
- Stir the paint well with a paint stirrer using an up and down scooping action. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the can to ensure particles are evenly distributed.
- Practice your application technique on a large, spare piece of board.
- Brush around the edges of the wall or the area you are painting.
- Apply the first base coat with the roller as you would normally paint.
- Working in small sections, apply the second coat with the roller.
- While the paint is still wet apply a texture. Using a wide brush, dry roller or muslin, drag the paint in a random, overlapping pattern.
Suggested areas to paint
- Dulux Suede Effect – feature walls in rooms such as bedrooms, studies and living rooms.
- Dulux Stone Effect – feature walls and architectural features.
- Ideal for feature walls.
- When painting, resist the temptation to touch up as you go as it will ruin the effect.
- Start in a top corner and work your way diagonally into the wall.
Related how to guides
Dulux Design Copper Effect creates the look of lustrous, metallic copper. Use on it's own or add Dulux Copper Patina Effect to create the green patination of aged copper.
Enjoy the refined modern industrial textural effect of Dulux Concrete Effect. Make a statement in your home on interior walls in the living room, bedroom, or study.