Looking to make a change to your feature wall? Thankfully removing your old Dulux effects paint is simple when you’re ready for a new look.
- Before your new look can go up, your old one must come down. To do that you’ll need 80-120 grit sandpaper, a drop sheet and some good quality masking tape.
- Once your wall has been cleaned and dried, lightly sand the existing paint surface using an 80-120 grit sand paper. When most of the effect has been removed, use a damp cloth to attract excess dust.
TIP: Do this before applying your Dulux 1 Step® Primer, Sealer and Undercoat. This product has excellent hiding power and filling properties, making it ideal for covering dark or lightly textured surfaces.
- Once you’ve masked off your wall, paint the edges, corners and anything you’ve taped off.
- Gently roll your undercoat onto the surface in a series of close zigzag motions. Then continue to re-roll the area with parallel strokes to create a smooth finish. This technique can be used to complete the remainder of the wall.
- Now that your pre-coat is complete, you can begin applying your newly inspired colour or finish.
Related how to guides
Create that high-fashion look at home with added impact and dimension using Dulux Design Metallic and Dulux Design Pearl effects paints.