How to get the perfect look
What do you want the final result to look lie? Inspiration can come from anywhere. Try looking online and putting together a moodboard.
Use colour schemes from your research, or chat to us for help. Then trial your scheme using Dulux sample pots and A4 swatches.
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. To ensure best accuracy, test your colour choice at home by ordering Dulux Sample Pots and A4 Colour Swatches.
Time to paint
- Start by following these preparation steps for your surface.
- Cut in around the edges of the wall with a brush — these are the areas the
roller cannot easily reach.
- Load the roller in the tray with a reasonable amount of paint.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Continue over the same section until
the wall is evenly covered. Roll up to area of 1m2 size or paint wall in sections.
- Before paint starts to dry, using an unloaded roller, begin in the top left corner
of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the base in a straight line with
no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming.
Repeat this action only this time, slightly overlap your last movement so your
roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the
area you have painted. This is called laying off.
- Once the first coat is dry, repeat the total process again with a second coat.