Creates a subtle shimmering, textural finish. Perfect for gates, fences, trim and decorative metal features.
Products you will need
- Metal Shimmer Effect paint.
- Quality masking tape.
- A paint stirrer and drop sheet.
- Medium nap roller, roller tray and a 100mm paint brush.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions on the product label before you begin.
- Mask off the area with painters tape – where you don’t want any paint, such as adjacent walls.
- Stir the paint well with a paint stirrer using an up and down scooping action. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the can to ensure particles are evenly distributed.
- Practice your application technique on a large, spare piece of board.
- Brush around the edges of the wall or the area you are painting.
- Apply the first base coat with the roller as you would normally paint.
- Allow drying time as specified on the label.
- Working in small sections, apply the second coat with the roller.
- While the paint is still wet apply a texture. Using a wide brush, dry roller or muslin, drag the paint in a random, overlapping pattern.
- Ideal for gates, fences, trim and decorative metal features.
- When painting, resist the temptation to touch up as you go as it will ruin the effect.
- Start in a top corner and work your way diagonally into the wall.
Related how to guides
Dulux Design Chalk Effect, is an ultra matt chalk paint designed for you to upcycle and create unique pieces within your home.