Add natural style and character to your outdoor living area with textured paints by Dulux.
- Like all quality paint jobs you want to make sure your surface is clean and ready. Sweeping it down is a great way to remove excess dust and loose sand. It’s also worth checking out the preparation tips on the product label.
- Using a high quality tape, mask off any adjoining surfaces, light fittings or other areas that need protecting.
- Use a brush to cut into the edges of your wall or any sections that your roller will find difficult to reach.
- Using a medium nap roller, roll vertically starting from the ground and working your way up.
TIP: Work in manageable sections, overlapping each stroke slightly to erase the line from the previous.
- If you’d prefer a smoother effect, simply apply your second coat after 4 hours in the same way you did your first. If a textured finish is more your style, grab a wide brush and apply your second coat in a series of crisscross motions. Overlapping this pattern will create a more uniform look.
- After about 30 minutes your paint should lighten and reveal your new rock texture.
More how to guides
Enjoy the subtleties of a fine textured coverage in your outdoor space for painting over bricks, cement and masonry.