Your Shopping List
- Dulux® Texture in your chosen texture and colour
- Dulux Texture Primer™
- High quality synthetic brush for cutting in
- Medium nap (10-18mm) synthetic roller
- Dulux Aquanamel® Low Gloss in your chosen colour
- Dulux 1Step® Prep
- Short nap (10mm) synthetic roller
- Dulux Duramax® in your chosen sheen and colours
General Painting Supplies
- Paint pot – for cutting in
- Roller tray
- Roller extension pole
- Drop sheets
- Painter’s masking tape
Time to Paint
- Cut in with a brush and apply 1 coat of Dulux Texture Primer with a roller to condition the surface.
- Allow 4 hours dry time before applying Dulux Texture Fine Cover.
- Stir contents of Dulux Texture Fine Cover with a broad flat paddle using an up and down scooping motion. Then pour contents into a roller tray. Using a brush, ensure you cut into areas that aren’t accessible by a roller.
- Feather out with the brush to avoid thick straight edged lines.
- Load the texture roller with Dulux Texture Fine Cover and apply from the ground upwards in vertical strips of approximately 1m length.
- Reload the roller after each strip and repeat until a manageable section has been delivered.
- Apply a fresh strip of wet material to create a ‘working wet edge’ then ‘lay off’ the previously spread area.
- Finish all rolled areas in the same direction. Allow the surface to dry for 4 hours before recoating.
- Repeat Steps 5-7 for a second coat.
- Prepare the surface by applying 1 coat of Dulux 1Step Prep Water Based.
- Start by cutting in around the edges of your furniture piece.
- Apply Dulux Aquanamel to the surface using short, horizontal brush strokes.
- Once you've completed an area, while paint is still wet, lightly smooth over the painted section with long brush strokes. Do not reload the brush when you do this. Don’t brush it too much – a few strokes should be enough to smooth the surface.
- Allow two hours to dry, then give the surface a light sand with 400 grit sandpaper and repeat for a second coat.
- Wipe down the surface with a clean damp cloth to remove any dirt or rust. If priming bare steel and iron, or an undercoat is required, use a Dulux Duramax® Undercoat (Metal, Plastic or General Purpose Undercoat).
- Use Dulux Duramax Flat Black and apply in multiple light, mist coats.
- After spraying, prevent blocking by flipping the can upside down and spraying until clear gas emerges. Always wipe the front of the nozzle clean.
- Now, admire your transformation!