Your Shopping List
- Dulux® Weathershield® Low Sheen in your chosen colour
- High quality synthetic brush for cutting in
- Medium nap (10-18mm) synthetic roller
- Dulux Metalshield® spraypak in your chosen colours
General Painting Supplies
- Paint pot – for cutting in
- Roller tray
- Roller extension pole
- Drop sheets
- Painter’s masking tape
Time to Paint
- Ensure the surface has been properly prepared prior to starting to paint. Follow the label on the can for more information.
- Start by cutting in around the edges of the wall with a brush – these are areas the roller cannot easily reach.
- Load the roller in the tray with a reasonable amount of paint to ensure the roller is fully covered.
- Start rolling the wall in an ‘M’ pattern. Start closest to the natural light source. Continue over the same section until the wall is evenly covered.
- Using an unloaded roller begin in the top left corner of your wall and gently let the roller roll down to the base in a straight line with no pressure. A lightness of touch will prevent new roller marks from forming. Repeat this action, only this time slightly overlap your last movement so your roller rubs away the line created by the previous stroke. Continue this across the area you have painted. This is called laying off.
- Once the first coat is dry, repeat the total process again with a second coat. A third coat will be required for all unpainted surfaces.
Use left over paint on small projects to personalise your space.
Chair & Table
- Wipe down the surface with a clean damp cloth to remove any dirt or rust. If priming bare steel and iron, or an undercoat is required, use a Dulux Duramax® Undercoat (Metal, Plastic or General Purpose Undercoat).
- For the chair, use Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Bold Yellow and apply in multiple light, mist coats.
- For the side table, use Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Black Satin and apply in multiple light, mist coats.
- After spraying, prevent blocking by flipping the can upside down and spraying until clear gas emerges. Always wipe the front of the nozzle clean.
- Now, admire your transformation! Great job!