Now you can take a trip to Tuscany without leaving your backyard.
- To replicate that authentic Tuscan look you will need a wide brush, a medium nap roller, quality masking tape and a drop sheet.
- Clean your surface thoroughly with Selleys® Original Sugar Soap or follow the instructions on the label.
- Mask off your trim with tape, and then cut-in to any doors, lights or corners using a suitably sized brush.
TIP: Don’t paint too far ahead or your paint will dry before your roller has a chance to blend with it.
- Now you can apply your first coat with a roller. For best results, make sure your roller is evenly loaded with paint.
- After 4 hours you should be ready to apply your second coat. If you’re after a smooth effect just apply your second coat in the same way as your first.
- If however you’re going for a ‘washed’ look it’s easier to get a friend involved to achieve this finish. While one person applies the texture with a roller; the other person brushes over this coat in random crisscross movements.
TIP: Work in 1 metre sections and overlap your crisscross strokes to maintain an even texture.
- With just a little water to wash up, you’ve created a Tuscan experience and brought Italy to you.
More how to guides
Give your home the wow factor you deserve with a professional rendered finish. Can be used on brick, cement render, masonry and fibre cement.
Let your imagination run wild when you experiment with different tools to create unique rendered textures. Can be used on brick, cement render, masonry and fibre cement.