Let your imagination run wild as you experiment with different tools to create unique textures.
- Dulux Texture Medium Cover is 4-5 times the thickness of regular paint. This unique formula means you can get creative with a range of possible textures and effects. Choose a hand mitt, sponge, brush or broom to add texture to your brickwork, concrete, fibre cement or masonry.
- As always, mask off any areas that need protecting such as light fittings, adjoining walls and floors. Lay down a drop sheet for added protection to your floors.
- A broom is a great way to quickly free stubborn dust and grit from your walls before cleaning with Selleys® Original Sugar Soap.
- Begin by applying one coat of Dulux Exterior Texture Primer to condition the surface and help your topcoat adhering.
- Use a brush to cut into edges of your wall or any section that your roller will find difficult to reach.
TIP: Lightly feather your brushwork into the wall to make blending with your roller easier.
- Ok, this is the fun part. Using your chosen applicator apply a generous amount of paint to your wall. Find a motion that gives you the texture you’re after.
TIP: Test on a board first before committing to your wall.
- After 4 hours, apply your second coat using the same technique. This will leave you with a distressed, bold and rendered texture. Alternatively you can apply your first coat with one applicator such as a mitt and complete your second coat with a stiff bristled broom. The choice is up to you.