Make your paint job go extra smoothly with the new Dulux Aquanamel formula in Gloss and Semi Gloss. The extended open time and improved application properties in Dulux Aquanamel provide a quality finish as the paint flows out onto the surface better and will assist in flattening out your brush strokes as you go.
Dulux Aquanamel Brush and Roller Application
Brush – Dulux Professional range of brushes are recommended for brush application of Dulux Aquanamel. Dulux Professional brushes have tapered filaments for better precision and control when using enamels.
Roller – Very short nap roller e.g. 5mm
How to apply:
1. Apply evenly dividing the area and working in smaller sections.
2. Paint one section at a time working back into previously applied paint.
TIP: Work away from corners rather than towards them. This will avoid paint build up.
3. Finally, lay off each section in the direction of the grain, top down if applying paint vertically and horizontally as required, lapping lightly into previously painted sections.
4. For a larger, flat area, such as a flat panel door, use a 5mm nap roller to achieve the smoothest finish.
5. If using a roller, do not lay off with a brush.
6. Once dry, lightly sand with a 320-400 grit sand paper. Remove dust from surface and apply second coat.
Dulux Aquanamel Spray Application
Suitable for application by conventional or airless spray equipment. Up to 100mL/L of water may be added for application by conventional spray, up to 30mL/L of water for airless spray, and up to 5mL/L for HVLP spray, to aid atomisation.
Wagner®: F230 Aircoat recommended.
Tip: 211 for architraves and trim, 411 for doors
Pressure: 1100 PSI (1-1.5 at the bar at the gun)
Graco®: Air assisted airless.
Tip: 210 for architraves and trim, 410 for doors
Pressure: 1100 PSI
Note: For tip numbers, the first number refers to spray fan size. E.g. 210 has a 4 inch fan pattern. The last two numbers ref to the diameter of the tip size and thus the flow rate of paint that will be applied.
®Wagner is a registered trade mark of J. Wagner GmbH. ®Graco is a registered trade mark of Graco Minnesota Inc.
Related technical advice
Dulux Professional Acousticoat is a specialist paint coating that has been designed for a specific purpose. Due to its specialist nature, it has to be applied correctly to achieve the desired finish and performance.
'Back-rolling' is the term most often used in the paint industry to describe the manual process of dryrolling the freshly painted surface with a short to medium nap synthetic roller...