- Micaceous iron oxide pigmentation for added barrier protection
- Compatible over most types of properly applied & tightly adhering coatings
- Range of hardeners for varying climatic conditions
- Good abrasion resistance
- Can be topcoated with a wide range of coating types
- Compatible over inorganic zinc and epoxy primers
Product code: 780H0166
Heavy duty barrier coat for protection against corrosion and chemical attack. Typically used on: chemical plants, coal wash plants, offshore structures, oil refineries, power generation plants, rail infrastructure, road infrastructure, ship loaders, sugar refineries.
Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, and remove weld spatter. Degrease by detergent wash according to AS1627.1. For all structural and decorative steel, abrasive blast clean to a minimum AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Remove all dust. Apply first coat before surface deterioration occurs. (See the Product Data Sheet for the surface preparation for galvanised steel)
- Steel, Galvanised steel, Concrete, Aluminium
- Protective Coatings
- Structural steel
- Interior or Exterior
- New or Repaint
- New, Repaint
- Application Method
- Conventional spray and airless spray
- Will yellow with time and chalk on exterior exposure, although the MIO pigment reduces chalking. Neither yellowing nor chalking detracts from the protective properties of the coating. Use a weatherable topcoat if required for appearance.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 120°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Excellent resistance to fresh and salt water but not suitable for immersion.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Good when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Resists splash and spillage of most hydrocarbon solvents, refined petroleum products and most common alcohols.
- Acid Resistance
- Not suitable for for acid conditions unless topcoated.
- Alkaline Resistance
- Not suitable for alkaline conditions unless topcoated.
- Salt Resistance
- Excellent resistance to neutral salts.
New Steel: Abrasive blast clean AS1627.4 Class 2.5 Typical System: 1 x Zincanode 402 @ 75 microns + 1 x Duremax GPE MIO @ 125 microns