- Excellent gloss retention and yellowing resistance
- Good abrasion resistance
- Higher film builds achievable by brush and roller than conventional polyurethanes
Product code: 77063095
Micaceous iron oxide finish coat for heavy duty protection against weathering. Generally used as part of a protective coating system in: bridges and infrastructure, coastal and offshore structures, mining, oil refineries, public spaces, rail infrastructure, road infrastructure, sugar refineries, tank exteriors, transport.
Round off all rough welds and sharp edges, and remove weld spatter. Degrease by detergent wash according to AS1627.1. For all structural and decorative steel, abrasive blast clean to AS1627.4 Class 2.5. Remove all dust. Apply first coat before surface deterioration occurs.
- Aluminium, Galvanised steel, Concrete, Masonry, Compressed fibre cement sheet, Steel
- Window, Balustrade, Handrail, Curtain wall, Column, Awning, Steelwork, Pergola
- Interior or Exterior
- Exterior, Interior
- New or Repaint
- New, Repaint
- Application Method
- Roller, Brush, Airless Spray, Conventional Spray. (Please note: Due to the MIO pigment, the appearance of the coating will differ with different application methods)
- Excellent gloss and colour retention on exterior exposure.
- Heat Resistance
- Up to 120°C dry heat.
- Water Resistance
- Excellent resistance to fresh and salt water. Not suitable for immersion.
- Abrasion Resistance
- Good abrasion resistance when fully cured.
- Solvent Resistance
- Resists splash and spillage of most hydrocarbon solvents, refined petroleum products and most common alcohols
- Salt Resistance
- Unaffected by splash and spillage of neutral and alkaline salt solutions
New steel: Abrasive blast clean AS1627.4 Class 2.5 Typical system: 1 x Durepon P14 @ 75 microns + 1 x Weathermax HBR MIO @ 100 microns.