Alphatec is a Polyester thermosetting powder coating available in a range of fun, bright colours and gloss levels. RapidCure Technology has the potential to enable reductions in energy consumption during curing and or, increased process line speeds. It is suitable for interior and non architectural exterior product applications.
Please note warranties are not available on durability or colour.
- Polyester thermosetting Powder Coating
- Tough finish
- Range of bold and bright solid colours and gloss levels
- Enables lower curing temperature or faster cure times during the coating process
- Hard wearing/serviceable finish
- Reduction in energy consumption through lower cure temperatures, and or faster line speeds are possible
- Ideal for interior projects and non architectural exterior applications
Product code: 265
Developed for use over various substrates including steel and aluminium on interior and non architectural exterior product applications combined with excellent overall performance. Examples include: interior furntiture and storage equipment, electrical cabinets other industrial metal products such as bicycles, garden tools, lawn mowers, and automotive components.
Surfaces should be prepared according to appropriate standards such as AAMA 2603, AS/NZS4506 or AS3715 (available from Standards Australia or Standards New Zealand offices).
- 8 - 10m2/kg corresponds to 80 microns
- Galvanised Steel, Stainless Steel, Steel (mild), Zincalume, Non ferrous metals, Aluminium
- Powder Coating
- Alphatec Powdercoat Range
- Interior or Exterior
- Interior, Exterior
- Film Build
- Minimum 60 microns, Maximum 110 microns
- Application Method
- Electrostatic Spray
- Green Star
- Dulux ® Powder Coatings are a prime consideration for projects where air quality standards have been set, such as 4, 5 & 6 Green Star Rating Projects.
- VOC Level
- Virtually zero (please consult Dulux for details)
- Good resistance to weathering.
- Salt Resistance
- Good salt spray resistance over pre-treated aluminium (1000 hrs ASTM B117)
- Metal Temperature
200° : 2 mins minimum 180° : 5 mins minimum 160° : 10 mins minimum
How to Specify Aluminium
Example of Aluminium Specification Dulux Alphatec® with Rapidcure Technology Blaze Blue Gloss 2655268G to be applied in accordance with AS 3715.
How to Specify Steel
Example – Powder Coating of (Components to be coated) (Atmospheric Classification) (Substrate) with (Dulux Alphatec® with Rapid Cure Technology) Blaze Blue Gloss 2655268G) to meet AS4506. Compliance to this standard must be demonstrated through provision of a certificate from the coating applicator outlining the relevant, “atmospheric classification, substrate and method of chemical or mechanical surface preparation”.
- Care and Maintenance
Refer to AAMA 609 and 610
As a general rule, cleaning of externally located powder coating surfaces must take place every six months. Where salts/pollutants are more prevalent such as seaside, industrial and geothermal areas, a cleaning program should be carried out more frequently.
THREE STEPS TO CLEANING POWDER COATED SURFACES
- Remove loose deposits with a wet sponge (avoid scratching the surface by dry dusting).
- Using a soft clean cloth and a mild detergent in warm water, clean the powder coating to remove dust, salt or other deposits.
- Always rinse after cleaning with fresh water to remove any remaining detergent.
In some cases, strong solvents recommended for thinning various types of paints and also for cleaning up mastics/sealants are harmful to the extended life of the powder coated surface. These solvents should not be used for cleaning purposes and will render the warranty void if used. If paint splashes or sealants/mastics need to be removed then the following solvents can be used safely: Methylated Spirits, Ethyl Alcohol, Isopropanol.