North Avoca SLC
North Avoca Surf Life Saving Club was unofficially founded in 1952 in the garage of Don Davies and officially founded in 1956.
The first club house was an old wooden shed situated next to Ian Morrison's garage. The Clubhouse was completed on site and officially opened on the 9th March, 1966 - it was valued at $25,000.
The club's first boat was a white timber planked style that took 20 men to lift. Our first surfboards were made by Ian Morrison and were 10ft long plywood, weighing 15lbs each. The first Balsa surfboard was owned by Alan Smith, prior to that he used a plywood paddle board - 1 metre wide.
North Avoca Boardriders was formed in 1980 by two locals, Wally McGill and Allen Harris. In 1981 when short of active members, the surf club merged with the board riders who assisted in patrols.
4th December, 1999 Mayor Chris Holstein opened the new clubhouse
What we used
Dulux Weathershield will provide complete protection from wind, rain, sun, snow, hail, temperature and humidity.
Find Out More